Success: From one comes many


If you follow my movements on social media, I am sure you would have noticed that I  love supporting local beauty lovers. From Youtube channels, to pages, any way I can support others I try my hardest to do. It can be quite a challenge, there can be road blocks as evident in my previous posts on the Dark side of Youtube. Sometimes I just want to give up. How many times have I said I was going to quit but I am still here, I am still going strong. Now this blog entry isn't about me. It is really meant to be motivational. It is all about success. 

One thing I have learned over the years, and it was even reiterated to me over the last two (2) weeks at work, was not only success but the importance of people in your path to success. I gained so much knowledge regarding success and people but the one that just recharged my support for those in our beauty community is the importance of supporting others.

If you want to be successful in ANY field you may choose, you have to support others along the way. Before anyone throws any negativity into the mix, it isn't about being fake or phony, it isn't about sucking up. It is about showing genuine support for others. 
One of the major roadblocks in supporting others is this mentality that others' success is our failure. It isn't. We need to eradicate that mentality. If someone in similar circumstances to you has accomplished a great feat, what is stopping you from reaching that level as well. For example, if one of us Youtubers, beauty bloggers, Facebook group, attains one thousand (1000) followers, what is hindering us from following suit. When one person, who is similar to you, has achieved success, it means that they have just cleared the path for you to do the same. This why we should celebrate each other's successes. It is just one (1) foot through the door, so that many pairs of feet can enter. Where would Michelle Phan be if she didn't have the support of many in the Asian community?  She opened the door for many Asian beauty lovers to be successful. Likewise if one Caribbean Youtuber gets signed to Stylehaul, it just opens the flood gates for others. We should rejoice when our brother or sister does well.




Comments

Popular Posts