RESPECT


A few months ago, I was hit with the comment that I am too open on social media and that it would be my downfall and I will lose the respect of those I care about. I have been told my posts are always negative, that I all I see about are haters and how everyone hates me.  The last few lines will come to a shock to some. I am not going to state who said that. I am not going to go into much details. All I know is, the comment was meant to derail me from my purpose. The particular person or group of people, however suffer from myopic ideologies. To them, an opinion is not valid unless it is one they can agree with. In fact their whole way of life, is attacking and insulting anyone who chooses to step out of line. From your hair colour, the shoes on your feet, the way you think and act must in tuned to what they believe. Disagreement with a particular point is seen as disrespect.

Unfortunately, many people today are like that. As my best friend once told me when I was relaying the comment "People have a herd mentality. They are like sheep." What this means is that they fear and choose to hate anything that doesn't align with their thinking. For them, especially if you are young, you are supposed to blindly follow without question or else who are rude or have an attitude problem. I am here to tell you don't be like sheep. Sheep are followers. Be a leader.  I don't strive to be a sheep, my role in life is to be a shepherd. I don't want to follow, I want to be subscribed to. My dream is not to be a commoner but to be among the royalty and the nobility.

So if your respect is indicative of me thinking like you, agreeing with you, acting like you. I am sorry bu you can take your respect. It may be better served elsewhere. As for my loved ones and those who care about me. Those who care about me, those who love me, love my outspoken nature. Tell me everyday how much they love my confidence.

Thank you.

Peace and love

XOXO

Jeanne Marie Thompson

Comments

Popular Posts